As a full time and experienced Commonwealth Marriage Celebrant based in Sorrento, Western Australia, I will be delighted to advise you about all aspects of your wedding ceremony.
My aim is to help you make this special day one to remember with pride and happiness.
You will put much organising and effort into your wedding day and you will need a celebrant who'll reflect your style and expectations.
Have a look at my work in the Photo Gallery
Here are some of the legal requirements according to the Marriage Act (1961) and Marriage Regulations (1963) for a couple wishing to marry in Australia:
- - The Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) needs to be completed and signed no earlier than 18 months and no closer than 1 calendar month before the ceremony takes place (under a limited number of special circumstances a 'shortening of time' approval can be sought from the Registrar's office).
- - A couple must provide evidence of photo identification, and the date and place of birth. I can advise on the forms of identification that can be used.
- - If previously married, you must provide evidence of how that marriage ended; either through the dissolution or nullity of that marriage, or through the death of the spouse.
- - You will require 2 witnesses to the marriage, both must be over 18 years of age.
Find out more about legal requirements at http://www.ag.gov.au/FamiliesAndMarriage/Marriage/Pages/Getting-married.aspx
My role as a Civil Marriage Celebrant is to:
- - Consult with you about the legal aspects of getting married.
- - Provide enough resources for you to create a unique ceremony that satisfies your wishes.
- - Draft a ceremony that aims to fit your needs and requests.
- - Solomnise the marriage according to the Marriage Act (1961) and Marriage Regulations (1963)
- - Lodge the completed paperwork with the Department of Births, Deaths and Marriages in Western Australia.
- - Be punctual and reliable, and ensure compliance with the profession's Code of Practice.
I will provide:
- - a PA sound system
- - a commemorative copy of your marriage ceremony.
- - rehearsal time (optional).
- - signing table and two chairs (optional).
So, make an appointment to meet with me and after a full discussion with you as a couple, we will draft a ceremony that will fit your needs and expectations. I'm available to do that any time, daytime, weekends or evenings. It's about my commitment to you to deliver at the highest professional level possible.
I appreciate that it's important for your day to reflect your dreams, so I offer alternatives to make your ceremony unique to you. But in the end, it's just about what you want for your important day. Your wedding day can be as formal or as informal as you want. All you need to do is ask!
Please contact me for any enquiries on the contact form